- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 soft tortilla shell
- Pizza sauce
- Toppings of choice
- Pour the oil into a pan and spread around with a basting brush. Warm over medium-high heat for approximately 2 minutes.
- Place the tortilla in the pan and allow one side to become coated with oil.
- Rub the garlic on the upward-facing side and then flip. Flip back after approximately 15 seconds.
- Add pizza sauce and any other toppings, such as vegan cheese and veggies.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook approximately 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp
- 1 cup prepared vegan Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 head iceberg, leaf, and/or romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- Sunflower seeds or chopped peanuts
- Finely chopped green onions (optional)
- In a small bowl, gradually blend the dressing into the peanut butter using a wire whisk.
- Toss the lettuce, croutons, sunflower seeds or peanuts, and green onions in a large bowl. Separate into individual salad bowls and top with the peanut-butter dressing.
- 1 pound dried linguini
- 1 bunch basil leaves (about 2.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 of a lemon)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (optional) or cherry tomatoes as garnish
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to package directions. While the pasta cooks, create the pesto by blending the basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta. In a large serving bowl, toss the pesto with hot, freshly cooked pasta and garnish each serving with a basil leaf. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top the pasta with sun-dried tomatoes.